Importing Firefox settings from windows and how do I change refresh rates?

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Mon May 16 06:15:44 UTC 2005

Christoph Georgi wrote:

> Just copy the whole firefox folder from your Application Data in Windows
> to Linux (~/.mozilla).

  Same goes for Thunderbird. BUT! Here's a hint that would help you with
something. I assume your Windows is stored on NTFS partiton. If yes,
you're probably using it in read-only mode. So, when you will copy the
folder all the flags will be set to +r only. Firefox and Thunderbird
will complain. Go to the console, to the .mozilla or
.mozilla-thunderbird directory and add +w (writable) flag for all files
using: chmod -R u+w *

--
  Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://bronikowski.com
  Random order: Work. Sleep. Toilet. Eat.