Importing Firefox settings from windows and how do I change refresh rates?

Lee Jamieson leejam at gmail.com
Mon May 16 03:50:24 UTC 2005

Hi all, a couple of questions.

1. I have kubuntu installed and want to transfer my firefox settings
from my windows box to my linux box.  Is there an easy way to do this?
I tried googleing the firefox website and the ubuntu wiki, but can't
seem to find anything.

The computers are networked, so I'm half assuming it is as easy as
making a copy of my bookmarks and so on and somehow getting them to
the linux box.

2. My kubuntu box has a 14" screen which should be able to cope with
1024x768 @70hz.  At the moment I have to have it at 800x600 at 70hz,
because the higher resolution won't allow me to change the refresh
rate.

What do I do?  I know my onboard video card can cope with it, but I'm
not sure what to do.

I have been lurking on this list for a few months, and am very new to
linux.  I tried out Mandrake 10.1 and loved KDE, but couldn't afford
the time with the learning curve + dual booting with XP, which my wife
hated :)  Now I have my own computer to do with what I want :)

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
--
-
Regards,