recommendations for wiki like software or something beyond wikis

Todd Slater dontodd at columbus.rr.com
Sun May 15 16:43:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 10:53:42AM -0400, Walter Tautz wrote:
> Hi folks, I was wondering if you folks could recommend some kind of web
> based
> content managed system that allows easy entry of various kinds of data.
> Mostly text based but with the possibility of inserting graphics. It
> would be nice
> if this system would allow for style sheets, and the ability to print
> hard copies.
> I suspect a wiki may be sufficient. Favourites?

Not sure what your security need are or what you'd like to use as a
backend. A couple of wikis that don't require a db backend are Instiki
and MoinMoin. If a blog's more your thing, WordPress is nice. For a more
full-featured CMS, there's Drupal and Mambo among others.

Maybe start at opensourcecms (http://www.opensourcecms.com/).

HTH,
Todd