Jokes about editors

DAVID TEAGUE davidbteague at verizon.net
Sun May 15 15:40:46 UTC 2005

On Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:56 AM
Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski wrote:

> DAVID TEAGUE wrote:
>
> > $cat > file
> > enter your text ...
> > <EOF>
>
>   You can use >> to add line. Also with sed and awk you can change
> whatever you wish, without even accessing editor. Back, 5 years ago, we
> had a small competiton in our Amiga club. Who would find most uses of
> single command. I don't remember who won, and with what. :-)

Aww. Using something beyond "cat" and perhaps shell escapes
is cheating of a sort.

If that is allowed why wouldn't I just use my favorite text editor?

I really like your Amiga contest. That sounds like fun.

--David Teague
CP-V on a Xerox 560, Fortran and PCL in the 70s
(Honeywell bought and maintained Xerox computers.)