Jokes about editors (was: Re: KDE vs Kubuntu)

DAVID TEAGUE davidbteague at verizon.net
Sun May 15 13:37:00 UTC 2005

On Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:52 AM Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski wrote

> Anthony David wrote:
>
> > Ooh. I just love editor "discussions".
>
>   Oh, come on. It's just a joke. :-) Some pople like apples, some people
> like oranges.
>
> > "Ed is the standard text editor."
>
>   What about cat? ;-)

Hi Emil

$cat > file
enter your text ...
<EOF>

Can you actually edit with cat? Do shell line-editing
commands allow any editing there? Or is this a "write-
only" editor?

In a sense I really am an old timer, but it has been far
too long since I did anything with the command line.

David Teague
User of Unix System V.2, V.3., and V.4
Linux user since 1993:  0.96 Kernel, Net 1;
SLS 1.0; Slackware 1.0;