Issue with USB Device (Creative Muvo^2)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun May 15 11:00:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 10:13:47AM +1200, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
>The device mounts and show on the desktop and I can add and (aparently)
>delete files but files are not actually deleted.
>Can anyone give me any pointers on this?

I recognise this. I had the exact same problem with a USB stick. (Well,
only on the FAT partition of it, my ELF partition has never had any
problems.) I had a few _large_ files that just wouldn't disappear,
deleting them in Nautilus removed them from the view in Nautilus, but
they were actually not deleted. Strange to say the least.

If you find out exactly why this happens, I'd appreciate knowing as
well.

I "solved it" by reformatting my FAT partion. I've had no problems
since.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him
the spinal cord would fully suffice.
     -- Albert Einstein