Digest, Vol 9, Issue 188, UBUNTU server

sn00bb0rn.linux gmail sn00bb0rn.linux at gmail.com
Fri May 13 22:44:20 UTC 2005

>   10. Re: OT :UBUNTU server ? (James Wilkinson)

Thanks so much to all people who reply to my post. I always givin me
somekind of paece in mind knowing that somebody else has done it and
giving somekind of a constructive rational comment. As newbie I always
looking to a distro that I can "relatively" hanging out from the bottom
up to near the peak.

I think every user has its own 'combination' that somewhat differs from
the others. Here, mine is that I can't use apt-get due to low BW + high
POTS bill rate, puls I can't easily find any distro on the local market.

My biggest objection to 'any distro' is that I cannot just download any
single s/w package as I always did in Mr Bill MS Windows. I choose to
use Ubuntu these days because its http://packages.ubuntu.com. I know it
is quite similar to http://packages.debian.org/. But seeing 'ubuntu' on
the page gives me a litle peace of mind. Not flamming a fire here but I
actualy like simply mepis, but finaly have to choose ubuntu.

I hope some day ubuntu team could somehow manage to lay more braoad
foundation, so common user can install s/w like fwbuilder without hassle.

Here so far, thanks alot