Help - can't get bittorrent or bittornado to work

Michael Moum mmoum at woh.rr.com
Sat May 14 21:16:07 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I can't get bittorent or bittornado to work. When I click on a .torrent,
the client comes up, but stalls out on connecting to peers. On
bittornado, the ports are set to 6881 to 6889. I'm using guarddog to
configure my firewall - that range of ports is open, and I've also tried
it with the firewall disabled. No luck either way.

Mepis is also installed on my machine. Bittorrent and bittornado work
find when I boot into Mepis rather than Kbuntu.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
--
the Moum's (Mike, Dede, Suzanne, Jeff, Kristen)
Tipp City, Ohio, USA
Visit the Baha'i World web site at www.bahai.org
Visit the U.S. Baha'i web site at www.us.bahai.org