Panoramic Picture Program

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Sat May 14 11:59:30 UTC 2005

Am Freitag 13 Mai 2005 05:56 schrieb John Lambrechts:
> and when i try to install libpano it gives this error:   Depends:
> libc6 (>=2.3.2.ds1-21) but 2.3.2.ds1-20ubuntu13 is to be installed

You can try to solve that with apt pinning. That way you could install
the needed libc6 from breezy, but it is not recommended and you might
expect some flaws when downgrading or dist-upgrade to breezy when it
will be stable. Also you have to avoid, that nearly everything will go
to breezy, if you don't take care of the dependencies when upgrading.

Anyway, I got such a system setup, and in the most cases It works for
me.

The other possibility is to build libpano12 from cvs and build your own
package. That will solve the dependency of hugin without upgrading to
breezy libc6.

man apt-get (then type /preferences)
man apt_preferences

ubuntu wiki pages related to pinning: