sony memory stick

Andrew Zajac arzajac at gmail.com
Sat May 14 00:37:45 UTC 2005

On 5/13/05, ajtiM <ajtim at ctel.net> wrote:
> On Friday 13 May 2005 19:50, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 18:57 -0400, ajtiM wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have a Sony mem. stick which i didn;t have problem to mount before but
> > > now i cannot mount. I use a command:
> > >
> > > mount -v -t vfat -o noatime /dev/sdf /media/Sony
> > >
> > > What i doing wrong? Thanks.
> > >
> > > Mitja
> >
> > Try referencing it as /dev/sdf1, rather than /dev/sdf.  Even if there is
> > only one partition on the device, this is needed (at least in the case
> > of my USB memory device).
> >
> It doesn't help: does not exsist...

My Sony stick has an "integrated USB hub" which makes it show up as
just plain sda as opposed to my other stickds which are sda1.  It also
is a pain to get it woking at work since it needs admin privilidges
under windows2000.

What did you do recently?  Did you change any hardware?  What error do
you get?  Is the filesystem borked?

Can you mount it with sudo?