New Ubuntu-Firefox - maybe safer but not 100%

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:39:55 UTC 2005

xristos wrote:
> So what should we simple ubuntu users do ?

wait for the Ubuntu developpers to come up with a solution, which should
be shortly.

Or download a precompiled version of Firefox from mozilla.org

 > Download firefox 1.0.4 and compile it from source ?

For simple Ubuntu users  compiling from source a major piece of software
like Firefox is probably not something worth wasting time, with some
many different pre-compiled binaries available out there. But you are
free to try; but I wouldn't recommmend it.