What's different between Knoppix and Ubuntu

Mike Procario procario at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:06:11 UTC 2005

I have tired both Knoppix and Ubuntu LiveCD on my current laptop. The
Ubuntu LiveCD worked flawlessly for me, while I could not get Knoppix
to boot all the way to X.  I tried both a local Linux user's group
meeting, so I had some help but not enough to get Knoppix working.

I learned to two lessons from this.

1. Ubuntu should work on my hardware if I do a full install, and that was true.
2. It never hurts to have multiple live CDs.

Mike

On 5/13/05, Christoph Georgi <christoph.georgi at web.de> wrote:
> I experienced that the Knoppix Live CD has some problems with USB2.0,
> whereas USB runs smooth with Ubuntu..
>
> christoph
>
> jamesxuruo wrote:
> > Dear Everyone:
> > I am a newbie for ubuntu. I know there are many LiveCD in the world, and
> > many of my friends use Knoppix. So, I want to
> > ask what the difference between ubuntu and Knoppix such as area of
> > supporting hardware and itc, thx very much.
> >

> --
>
> Christoph Georgi
> email.  christoph.georgi at web.de
> fon.    +64 (0)9 815 8259
>
> registered linux user #380268
> ubuntu 5.04 (ubuntu.com)

Mike

"Another casualty of applied metaphysics" --Hobbes