How-To for WMP54G?

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Fri May 13 13:38:02 UTC 2005

hi
Am Freitag, den 13.05.2005, 08:08 -0500 schrieb Shinan Kassam:
> I have a linksys 54G pci card: WMP54G v4
>
> I am trying to get the card working in Hoary. I have followed a few
> threads from the ubuntu forums and I have ndiswrapper module loaded
> and configured (best to my knowledge).
>
> 1. I installed the ndiswrapper-source package
> 2. used the ndiswrapper utility to install the driver off the cd
> 3. I ran "ndiswrapper -l" (appeared to be successful)
> 4. I ran "ndiswrapper -m" (appeared to be successful)

you should rather have followed the howto on the wiki, compiling kernel
modules from source will break with every security update, while using
the precompiled packages from your CD is painless since they get updated
automatically in such cases....

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/HowToSetUpNdiswrapper

ciao
	oli