Unusual request

squareyes squareyes at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 13 06:05:20 UTC 2005

Daniel Robitaille wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-13-05 at 13:46 +0930, squareyes wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>after the posts to this list with install probs, I have been wondering
>>if it would be possible for me to make a "how to" on
>>installing Ubuntu.
>>

>Before you write something, you should check what's already in the wiki
>( http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UserDocumentation)
>

>And also there is an Ubuntu documentation team if you are interested in
>contributing docs to Ubuntu
>(http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocumentationTeam)

Hi,
have checked out wiki's, and all seem a bit too advanced for people I know.
I had in mind a very simple tutorial with pictures of each step of the
install,
that windows users could check out before installing. They are used to
clicking on "next" for the windows install.To add to what I have already
done.
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/squareyes/index.html
I live in a very small country town(620), and am still waiting for
another Linux user
to move here :-) (Nearest linux user I have physical contact with is 40
miles away),
and am getting ready for the Hoary CD's to arrive, and start to do my
bit to indoctrinate the locals,
 (am buying one to get me going, cheaper for me than to use fuel to go
and get a copy)
but want to be for armed, as any problems will come straight back to me.
My thoughts were to write a lot of help to CD and hand
it out with the Hoary CD, hoping to save me headaches later :-)

Am a relative newbie myself, getting to old to retain too much,
and was going to do this in html, best for windows
users to access, would be more than happy for anyone to use anything I
have done,
anyone is welcome to copy and change/modify, add to wiki, but don't know
about
me writing docs,  would hate to be responsible for breaking the wiki.
Still getting my head around CSS.
thanks
Winton