bluetooth in ubuntu

Chad Davis mindphasr at gmail.com
Fri May 13 03:10:07 UTC 2005

On 4/1/05, satyam <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> Relux: I got the adapter working. Here's what you should try.
>
> First, you need to get the bluetooth address for your phone, from your
> manual.
> With the adapter plugged in, after installing bluez, run:
>
> hciconfig
>
> You should get a response showing the adapter as hci0.
>
> Then,
>
> sudo hciconfig hci0 reset
>
> sudo ln -s /dev/rfcomm1 /dev/modem
>
> rfcomm connect rfcomm1 <phone's bd address>
>
> If this is successful, it will connect and tell you to press Ctrl + C
> to hangup.
>
> Then, use gnome's network configuration tool to create a modem
> connection.
>
> When you activate the connection, it'll ask you to enable the
> connection, say yes.
> The phone should dial. That's where I've reached.
>
> If it doesn't work, you may need to edit your
> /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf file, to reflect the bluetooth address of
> the adapter.

Thanks, I have also gotten it to work. I went a different route but
same result. I used rfcomm to bind the address to a /dev/rfcomm1.  I
unfortunatly don't get a reliable connection. I have also tried using
the newer model of the kensington dongle, which the model # slips my
mind at the moment. Same result. I have concluded this is a problem
with the LG-325 phone and it's poor bluetooth.  I at first ruled the
phone out as it works perfectly fine with my Axim x50v pda.

--
Chad Davis
cdavis at failedsecurity.com