Beagle

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Fri May 13 02:06:01 UTC 2005

I'd like to compile Beagle for Ubuntu, but it depends on
Mono>=1.06. So I added the Breezy sources to
/etc/apt/sources.list, pinned everything else to Hoary, and
pinned mono to Breezy. I had to pin a few other packages to
Breezy, because it turned out that Mono depends on them:
mono-common, mono-jit, and mono-assemblies-base.

The trouble is that libc6 also needs to be upgraded, and
upgrading it will require me to upgrade a metric
buttload of my other packages, including ubuntu-base. I'm
certain this will break something, given that Breezy is
unstable and that even upgrading to Hoary caused lots of
problems.

So: is there any way to install Beagle without breaking my
system? Has anyone here had any luck with it?

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org
+(617) 308-5571