ubuntu directory structure

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu May 12 21:21:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:59:15AM -0400, Michael Beattie wrote:
>Is there a place that specifies which files should go where in the
>directory structure?  I am trying to package some software and want to
>make sure everything goes in the right place.

The best place to look is probably the Debian docs
http://www.debian.org/docs/

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

In the design of cryptosystems, we must design something *now* for use
in the future. We have only the published facts of the past to stand
against all the secret research of the past and future for as long as
a cipher is used. It is therefore necessary to speculate on future
capabilities. It is *not* acceptable to wait for a published attack
before a weakness is considered in cipher design. It is instead
necessary to try to perceive weaknesses which have not yet contributed
to full attacks, and close them off.
      -- Terry Ritter