Ubuntu Book by O'Reilly?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu May 12 21:17:08 UTC 2005

> I think it would be a great idea for a book about Ubuntu to be made,but
> I think the book should be geared more torwards the experienced user. [...]

Hmmm, that makes sense too. Opinions are divied then, newb
only...experienced only... subtle mix of the two...

Maybe Tom could make a newb specific book, but not too big, to just
guive an easy to read guide that explains every little thing that newbie
will inavitably come accorss or ask themselves at some point, then an an
"add-on" book that is 100% "straight to the point" targetted at advanced
configurations, weird RAID setups, subtle hdparm configuration stuff etc
etc, to get the best out of their Ubuntu machine.
Making two distinct books would help make a smaller, and straight to the
point books, hence improve efficiency of the book for both newbs and
advanced users, and therefore become more interesting/useful and.. sell
lots of them. Half of the benefit ought to go help in the development of
Ubuntu, of course ! ;-P
Maybe offer a 20% discount on the "advanced" book if you have bought the
"beginners" book in the past.

--
Vince