Memory and CPU requirements

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu May 12 08:24:58 UTC 2005

> The minimum system requirements, as listed by the installer are at least
> 1.8 gigs of hard drive space and 32 megs of ram.

How stupid we are. There are official figures, no point arguing :-)

> For anything less powerful, I would use a different windows manager like XFCE, Icewm or fluxbox.

He asked for default Hoary install which means the full gnome affair...
so I still think 256MB is a minimum (and maximum as well, depending what
he wants to do with the machine)

> Your mileage may vary.

Exactly. One man's heaven is another man's hell... we are not in his
shoes so ultimately, are not qualified to answer ! ;-)

--
Vince