Apt-get upgrade killed ssh

Scott Henson scotth at csee.wvu.edu
Thu May 12 02:34:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 22:36 +0200, Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) wrote:
<snip>
>   Well, i certainly don't know why it happened, however, you may
> consider "monit", a service monitor that can restart services like ssh
> if something goes wrong. Check
> http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/examples.php

You might also concider runit.  Its a little bit harder to get the hang
of than simple init scripts, but its very powerful in what you can do
with it.  Ive heard anecdotal evidence of people getting very fast boots
by replacing init with it.  Ive never tried personally, but its one of
those invaluable tools that I use all the time.
--
Scott Henson <scotth at csee.wvu.edu>