[SERVER] How to remove gnome and other applications - headless

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Wed May 11 19:40:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 02:49:46PM -0400, Robert Jameson (rj at dawnshosting.com) wrote:
> We did a default install of hoary on a server -- this server dosnt need
> gnome and all the other librarys and applications is there a meta
> package I can remove to uninstall all this stuff.
>
> I know we should of used the custom install command from the cd -- but
> it's too late now.  We've already removed gdm from starting up by using
> rcconf.

Why is it too late?

I would just reinstall using "server-expert" instead of using your
default install.  Anytime I use an unfamiliar distro for a server,
I plan on installing it at least two or three times just to understand
the particulars.
Kent

--
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.