[SERVER] How to remove gnome and other applications - headless

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed May 11 19:07:41 UTC 2005

> We did a default install of hoary on a server -- this server dosnt need
> gnome and all the other librarys and applications is there a meta
> package I can remove to uninstall all this stuff.

Does it really harm if yo ujust leave it there and simply don't use it ?
It doesn't use that much space... by todays standards anyway.
Well, the otehr day I did the opposite, I did a "custom" install then
added the whole desktop by installing the "ubuntu-desktop" package.
So, in all logic, if you remove said package... should give you a
"custom" install ? Well, worth a try anyway.

--
Vince