glabels - can't edit? probably libatk-bridge is missing?

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Tue May 10 19:32:48 UTC 2005

> Hi all!
>
> I want to do a buissness card for me, actually not for buissness but to
> promote my homepage and my music - which I do as hobby. I've found the
> tool glabels to be a good choice - but when I add context I can't edit
> it. The context edit window just flushes for a miliscond and then
> dissapears. When I start glabels from command line I get the following
> warning:
>
> (glabels:31729): Gnome-WARNING **: Accessibility: failed to find module
> 'libatk-bridge' which is needed to make this application accessible
>
> I tried to install this package but can't find it. I installed every
> libatk file I've found. Still the same effect.
>
> Oh and I gut universe and multiverse reposatories enabled, so this can't
> be the problem too.
>
> Any suggests?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Rainer
> --

I installed the two glabel packages from debian sid; works fine now.

Download these:
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glabels/glabels_2.0.2-3_i386.deb
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glabels/glabels-data_2.0.2-3_all.deb

Then:
sudo dpkg -i glabels-data_2.0.2-3_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i glabels_2.0.2-3_i386.deb

--
Kevin C. Smith