Evolution : oh my god !

The_Eye_In_The_Sky syiwabhairawa at yahoo.com.sg
Tue May 10 16:39:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 11:21 -0400, vailima wrote:

> Just as you see it below, without using the period(s) in front of each data $tring, open Evolution and try to IMPORT the data as you see it, into Evolution ...
>
>  Last Name
>  First Name
>  Title
>  Mailing Address
>  City
>  State
>  Zip Code
>  Country
>  Telephone
>  FAX
>
> The above data is in the ASCII format (also known as TeXT format)
>
> I have files on spreadsheets which could be copied and stored in the CSV (comma seperated values) format, then possibly be imported into Evolution, but the only selection available in Evolution, is for importing files from another Evolution program.
>
> Now do you see what I mean?

Whoa, in this case we are talking on the different thing here. I am
talking about the Evolution as e-mail client, which is using standard
MBOX format, where you are talking about Evolution as Personal
Information Manager (Contacts, Calendars, Tasks). The main thread was
talking about e-mail actually.

For your case, since I never did the import-export of Contacs data on
CSV format, I do not have the answer. What I did for transferring the
Contact data between Outlook, Evolution and my Palm Dekstop is by using
VCF file transfer, and the simplest carrier for the thing is the Palm
hardware itself :D