Blood Lesson WARNING re "WARTY" Install

paul cooke paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 10 16:10:49 UTC 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 15:24, vailima wrote:
> I found this out the hard way ... only I had and have backup files and data
> stored on other microcomputers which I own.

there are plenty of warnings given... here is the text that is on the inside
of the CD pack that arrived today from the Shipit program:

|The default installation will erase all existing software and data from your
|computer. However an expert installation mode is available. If you want to
|keep your existing files alongside Ubuntu, follow the instructions carefully
|during installation.

Having downloaded and installed Ubuntu (Warty and Hoary) on several computers,
I can personally vouch that Ubuntu _DOES_ warn you when you are about to take
the default method of using the entire disk, that it will erase all data on
the disk.

So personally, as far as I'm concerned, I don't believe a word of your post.