Hoary Repositories (binary / source)

Matthew S-H mathbymath at aol.com
Tue May 10 12:09:34 UTC 2005

I understand that they have to make the source repositories available.
And this makes perfect sense.
But why do they have them enabled by default?  Especially since some
newbies might consider it a good idea to try compiling from source and
then might get themselves into a LOAD of trouble.  Its good for them to
try this eventually, but not until they're at least comfortable with
basic linux shell commands.

Also, where would I send an e-mail if I have a suggestion for the
design of Synaptic?  Which list should I send it to?

~Matt