Evolution : oh my god !

The_Eye_In_The_Sky syiwabhairawa at yahoo.com.sg
Tue May 10 12:16:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 10:06 -0400, vailima wrote:

> The only fault I can see with EVOLUTION so far is that it will NOT import ASCII files or for that matter, from well known and used data base software(s).
>
> To me this appears to be nothing less than an attempt to lock up the market BUT there is a way ... if you inspect the EVOLUTION data files.

I do not understand this comment. "an attempt to lock up the market" ?

FYI, Evolution is using the standard MBOX format, which is used by
Eudora, Netscape Mail, Mozilla Mail, Thunderbirds, mutt, etc.

Although I am using Evolution on my desktop, but while I am away from
home, I SSH into my home PC and reading my email using mutt. So, nothing
proprietary here.