freezing problems

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Tue May 10 11:56:59 UTC 2005

If this is a PCI video card I noticed some major freezing problems on my
motherboard only with PCI cards, I have yet to find a solution. I also
had problems with freezing in opengl using an AGP card, but it was a
nvidia. I did solve that problem though, it was disabling AGP with the
"NVAgp 0" option. Obviously this isnt the option you would use, but I am
sure someone out there knows the option for ati. Some boards have really
crummy agp implementations (MINE!) and its worth a try to fiddle with
the bios and xorg.conf options in this arena.

I dont know if you are loading glx, but you can try getting rid of that
too in your xorg.conf.

Good Luck,
Matt