gnome

Pat Taylor pdt77 at comcast.net
Tue May 10 09:54:29 UTC 2005

>I did and works. I don't know why happened. I didn't installed or uninstalled
>nothing. I just tried Austrumi Live CD,..

Do you use a KVM switch (keyboard, video, mouse)? I've had a similar
problem with a different distro: If the KVM was switched to box 2 while
box 1 was booting (therefore box 1 detects no monitor, mouse, or
keyboard connected during boot) then box 1 would boot into X-windows
with 640x480 resolution.  This "other distro" (is this true for all???)
aparently needed to have the monitor connected during boot to start X
with the previously-set correct resolution.