Gaim does not raise window on events

Robert Jameson rj at dawnshosting.com
Tue May 10 08:38:02 UTC 2005

I've noticed a annoying bug in Gaim 1.2.1 when I have a IM window open
and I'm having a conversation and minimize the window to my task-bar
when someone types a reply to my IM i don't notice it because the window
doesn't raise or flash or anything, so I find my self constantly
minimizing and maximizing the window to see if they replied to my
message.

I asked my question in #gaim on irc.freenode.net and this is the reply I
got.

<rj_> I have a problem, when I'm having a conversation with someone on
im, i minimize the window and to my task-bar, but I don't see when they
send me a new message? I must manually open the window back up
<rj_> shouldn't it blink or pop up or something?
<resiak> You're on Gnome or KDE, aren't you?
<rj_> Gnome 2.10
<resiak> Go shout at the dudes who write the Gnome or KDE panel. They
need to make their panels respond to the URGENT WM hint.

What should I do? Does anyone else experience this problems? are there
any work-arounds?
--
Robert Jameson <rj at dawnshosting.com>