Evolution : oh my god ! [Off topic]

vailima vailima at icontech.com
Mon May 9 21:21:28 UTC 2005

The ASCII code (you may know it as *.TXT coding) is for the most part readily up-loadable by most major vendors supplying either a word processor and/or a spreadsheet software - been that way for decades. It has been and appears to remain a "standard" in the industry.

The "... mbox ..." format, one which you say deals with emails is one I haven't used; or better, not looked into, as what few emails I save, are saved in the appropriate file, in the ASCII code format (i.e., the *.txt format) or are printed out.

I've looked at the data files re. Evolution and for the most part recognized almost right away what I was looking out, the files could be "broken down" with commas (i.e., CSV format) for later uploading into anyone of several spread sheet programs which I have, where they could easily be worked on.

didn't think you were mocking me, but did consider you're using an entirely different system(s) than I've been used to; MS emails and the like. Learned long ago to stay as far away from MS as is practical to do so ... too many crazy people out there, intent on doing mischief for no good reason save to cause others problems.

And with that said, if you still use a MS based machine from time to time for emailing, consider using POPCORN. Distributed by ULTRAFUNK, it's an excellent little, stand alone, Email program for use on MS driven microcomputers (this reply to you was constructed using POPCORN) and "the price is right." Just bring up "www.tinyaps.org". Spend about five minutes or so poking around there and you should come across it. If you're still using an MS driven machine, it's worth your time.

And thanks for the interest ... it's appreciated.