Ubuntu running on VMware

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:32:54 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Marty Felker <martyfelker at swva.net> wrote:

> I've installed Hoary in a VMware box running under a Windows 2000
> guest. Does anyone else have experience with this??
>
> My experience has been nothing but positive (sending this email via
> Evolution in Ubuntu VM.

My experience was similar to yours - no problems at all. Of course, part of
this is that VMWare tells Ubuntu that it has fairly standard equipment.
OTOH, I had my wireless card working in Ubuntu and USB, all very nicely.

Now I have reformatted my disk and have Windows XP running in VMWare, with
Ubuntu the main system. This also works very well - even better.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own