Random firefox closing and logouts

Ben Novack bennovack at gmail.com
Mon May 9 11:23:29 UTC 2005

I finally installed Hoary a couple of days ago after being without an
Ubuntu system for a couple of months. Since then, I've had two major
problems, both now very frequently:

1) Firefox closes, without any warning at all, constantly. I'll just
be browsing around, and *pop* the process is gone. This seems to
happen a lot when I'm using Liferea, but not exclusively.
2) I get logged out, also without any warning. Minutes ago, I was
trying to reopen firefox yet again; failed; all of a sudden I heard
the patter of drums and I was looking at my GDM login.

Anyone know what might be going on here?