Network embarassment

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Mon May 9 07:04:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005 05:52 am, you wrote:
> You probably has ssh on both boxes. Install gftp on each.

Done.

> Use the IP address to access the box. You'll want to use ssh2 from the
> drop down menu on the right.
> Under file -> options -> ssh

Actually ssh2, but OK.

> the program path is just ssh.

No sure I understand this bit - was I supposed to do something here?

Anyway - result:
Opening SSH connection to 192.168.1.3
Running program ssh -e none -l root -p 22 192.168.1.3 -s sftp
Opening SSH connection to 192.168.1.3
Running program ssh -e none -l root -p 22 192.168.1.3 -s sftp
3: Protocol Initialization
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.3 port 22: Connection refused
Error: Could not read from socket: Connection reset by peer
Disconnecting from site 192.168.1.3

Looks like port 22 is not recognised.  I tried 21, but same result :-(

--
Regards,
Brian