the Midnight Commander

albi at scii.nl albi at scii.nl
Sun May 8 10:49:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 8 May 2005 12:19:49 +0200
Gábor Iglói <mdjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apt-getted the mc package on my Ubuntu Hoary. I'm Hungarian, so most
> of my apps speaks Hungarian - which is very good. But I think this is
> the problem with mc because it speaks Hungarian too but the app's
> interface gets broken up - maybe because of the different word lengths
> of the English and Hungarian language.

maybe this alternative mc (mc-light) does handle this
better ?

http://mc.linuxinside.com/

Midnight Commander 4.1.X-MP

The goal of this project is creating a stable, well-working, usefull
console-only version of well-known Midnight Commander, without bugs and
garbage, like tk, xv and gnome. I'm bored waiting for bugfixes, and
A'rpi's ESP team stops their work in this direction too, so I did it.
I'm fixing all (found) bugs, reported by my friends, and made some
really pleasent new features, like real-time clock, or filegroups
colorizing.