To install eciadsl: sudo dpgk -i eciadsl_0.10-1_i386.deb?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sun May 8 02:18:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

Can I install the eciadsl package by downloading it and doing

sudo dpgk -i  eciadsl_0.10-1_i386.deb

(Found this direction in ubuntuguide.org). I recently tried to install
Ubuntu for a person who uses an USB ADSL modem (Telewell TW-EA100) to
connect to Internet and found that there are no drivers in Ubuntu
installation CD for this type of devices.

Does anyone here know if there are plans to include USB ADSL modem
drivers in Ubuntu installation CD and perhaps make the installation
process to automatically create a connection for such a device? I'm
asking this because to my knowledge relatively many people have an USB
ADSL modem (at least here in Finland) and furthermore the typical owner
is an ordinary computer user who has no idea how to set it up in Ubuntu.

Thanks :-)

Ari