New VTE

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Sun May 8 01:50:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 06:43:41PM -0700, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu wrote:
> /usr/share/doc/$package/changelog.[Debian.]gz
>
> Take a look at apt-listchanges if you'd like to be informed upon each
> package update.

I already do that; the trouble is that the changelogs are
incomplete. See, e.g., the changelog for VTE on Debian:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/v/vte/vte_0.11.12-1/changelog

"vte (1:0.11.12-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream version. Lots of patches in Gnome's
    bugzilla have been
    applied.
  * debian/patches :
    - Merged patches :
        05_performance_boost.patch
        10_redraw_vte_screen.patch
        12_fix_display_corrption_in_utf8.patch
    - Splitted 02_path_xtra.patch into to patches :
        02_path_xtra.patch contains the configure.in patch
        03_path_xtra-2.patch contains the configure patch
    - Updated 07_remove_doublefree.patch as it's partially
      applied"

In my ideal world, it would list all the patches from
Gnome's bugzilla. Actually, in my ideal world there'd be a
bunch of URLs there.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org