Problems with kaddressbook

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Sat May 7 11:19:29 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I didn't get my old addressbook.kab into kadressbook. Igot this, when
starting "import  kde2 addressbook" from within kaddressbook:
$ kab2kabc: ERROR: The resource
'/home/gerhard/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf' is locked by application
'kaddressbook'.
kab2kabc: ERROR: Unable to save to resource 'resource-name'. It is
locked.
kab2kabc: ERROR: The resource
'/home/gerhard/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf' is locked by application
'kaddressbook'.
kab2kabc: ERROR: Unable to save to resource 'resource-name'. It is
locked.

Also I can't start kaddressbook under tools > kaddressbook in kmail.

ii  kmail                   3.4.0-0ubuntu10
ii  kaddressbook           3.4.0-0ubuntu10
ii  kaddressbook-plugins   3.4.0-0ubuntu2

I copied the old kab folder to $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kab , but it is
ignored by kaddressbook.
Any help is appreciate.
Thanks in advance.

regards