chmod problem

David david at kenpro.com.au
Sat May 7 05:57:22 UTC 2005

<irony>
top posted by request:
</irony>

I think I would be inclined to remove world access and then live with the
rest. chmod o-rwx /home/you/* It's not going to be perfect, but it's going
to be better than having someone read everything you have. If you don't
use groups then 740 is probably good too. I don't know of any way of
undoing a chmod. I would be inclined towards chmod ug-x too, on the
assumption that you don't keep executables in your home directory. Aren't
you happy you didn't do it as root.....  btw... when did you say you were
going to do a backup?