hoary install can't detect my network card

evilrunner ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri May 6 20:12:35 UTC 2005

I'm running into the same problem with the same card on my Thinkpad T21
while trying to install hoary.  I've already tried the pci=noacpi boot
parameter that some other forum folk had suggested, to no avail.  The
card is listed as supported in the hardware section, so is this a
thinkpad bug?  Has anyone else out there gotten this to work under
Ubuntu?  Other distros seem to pick it up just fine (DSL and Knoppix
work), so I know it isn't the card.

Machine at issue:

IBM Thinkpad T21

3Com 3CN3AC1556B 10/100 mini-pci network card

--
evilrunner