hdparm DMA=on (Nautilus Uses 100% CPU)

René L. Reingard reingard at hispeed.ch
Fri May 6 17:21:45 UTC 2005

> Subject: Re: Nautilus Uses 100% CPU

> It sounds like dma is not active on your machine.

I just checked this myself and find this at the end of my hdparm.conf:
These lines are all checked with #. Does this work?

René

#/dev/discs/disc0/disc {
#	mult_sect_io = 16
#	write_cache = off
#	spindown_time = 240
#}

#/dev/discs/disc1/disc {
#	mult_sect_io = 32
#	spindown_time = 36
#	write_cache = off
#}

#/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 {
#	dma = on
#	interrupt_unmask = on
#	io32_support = 0
#}

#/dev/hda {
#	mult_sect_io = 16
#	write_cache = off
#	dma = on
#}

#command_line {
#       hdparm -q -m16 -q -W0 -q -d1 /dev/hda
#}

> You can check it with hdparm /dev/hda hdparm /dev/hdc (or whatever your
> harddisk and cd are) You can enable it with hdparm -d1 /dev/hda hdparm
> -d1 /dev/hdc
>
> If you want this setting to be permanent do so by editing
> /etc/hdparm.conf. Add the following sections:
>
> /dev/hda {
> 	dma = on
> }
> /dev/hdc {
> 	dma = on
> }

++ Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul:
http://www.opera.com/m2/