Nautilus Uses 100% CPU

Trevor Nightingale Trevor.Nightingale at sas.com
Fri May 6 14:57:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu (Hoary Hedgehog) last night and one of the first things I wanted to do was copy my photos back to my hard drive from a CD.

I dragged 5 directories from my CD to a folder in my Nautilus file manager and it started to copy over all 650Mb of data. The problem I had was that the copying appeared slow, but more significantly, the machine became unusable due to the cpu usage being 100%.

Is this normal behaviour for Nautilus ?

I am not opposed to using the command line to copy files, however, I thought I would use the GUI and see how it worked....

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Trevor