help

linux vivalinux at fastmail.fm
Fri May 6 13:54:50 UTC 2005

Hi Big Al,

I was totally new at LINUX few months ago.
Should be better if you try some LIVE CD Distros before you install
another one.
What do you think ?

KNOPPIX Linux Live CD
http://www.knoppix.org/
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Slax Live CD
http://slax.linux-live.org/?lang=en

Other live CD's

The LiveCD List

On the other hand you can feel some tastes with preview screenshots:
Fedora Core 3 (Red Hat assoc)
http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=173&slide=28&title=fedora+core+3+screenshots

MandrakeLinux 10.1 (now is out Mandriva 10.2)
http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=193&slide=24&title=mandrakelinux+10.1+official+screenshots

SuSE LINUX 9.3
http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=322&slide=8

Best Regards
Abreu Pires

On Fri, 6 May 2005 16:28:38 +0800, Alan.Carville at Newmont.com said:
Abreu Pires - Porto
"O único modo de alguém ser feliz é julgar-se feliz" - Fernando Pessoa
 "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "humanity to others". Ubuntu also means "I am what I am because of who we all are". The Ubuntu Linux distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world.