Cannot boot from Hoary CD

Peter Baumgartner linuz at bssmusic.de
Fri May 6 07:37:26 UTC 2005

Luke Venediger schrieb:

> On 5/5/05, *postmast3r* <postmast3r at gmail.com
> <mailto:postmast3r at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 5/4/05, Luke Venediger <lukev123 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:lukev123 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hi All,
>     >
>     >  I am trying to install Ubuntu Hoary on my Gran's computer (she
>     is 75!) I
>     > believe it'll be easier for her to use and for me to remotely
>     support.
>     >
>     >  My problem is that I cannot boot from the Hoary CD.
>                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>     The machine is a
>     [...]
>

> I burnt the ISO to a CDR, and the CD-ROM has been replaced. If I boot
> up into Windows I can browse the CD in windows explorer.
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^

That means, You did NOT burn an ISO, but copy the iso files to a
"normal" CDR with a file system.
If You use Nero, try the following:
- Cancel   _ALL_   actions, Nero wants to take
- Go to the menu "Recorder"
- Choose "burn iso" (or "ISO brennen" in the german version)
- select the iso in the box
- GO!
That should fix Your Problem.

Peter