Switching between two partitions

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri May 6 07:21:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 09:04:26AM -0500, Kenton Brede wrote:
>On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 01:05:36PM +1000, John Nicholls (john.nicholls at acslink.aone.net.au) wrote:
>> I have Warty on one partition and Hoary on another. How can I switch
>> between the two without having to reboot?
>
>I don't know your exact situation but you could run Warty in vmware on
>Hoary.

I don't know the current state of Bochs, but it aims to offer a free
option to vmware. qemu might also work. The Linux-specific solution is
UML (User Mode Linux).

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him
the spinal cord would fully suffice.
     -- Albert Einstein