autoload modules

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri May 6 07:19:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 08:47:43PM -0700, gm c wrote:
>It is my understanding that modules will auto load with an appropriate
>alias in /etc/modprobe.d/alias for 2.6.x. I have not been able to get
>snd-powermac to load when I use xmms to play sound. Any ideas?

If you don't mind having the module loaded at boot you can add it to
/etc/modules.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Our analysis is that many users of Linux don't want ther organizations or
their competitors knowing what they're running. They'd rather get kudos for
a job well done than criticism for how they got the job done.
     -- Dan Kusnetzky, IDC