Top-Posting

Matthew S-H mathbymath at aol.com
Fri May 6 05:33:23 UTC 2005

Because in personal e-mail you both should be following the
conversation thoroughly.  Unless one of you has multiple-personality
disorder, schizophrenia, or is just extremely pissed off at the other
person and has been ignoring him/her, I doubt either of you will be
coming into a conversation mid-way.  Plus, you shouldn't be forgetting
what someone else might have said (there are usually not long wait
periods between replies to personal e-mails).
Having responses at the top of messages can make things much easier, so
there is no reason to go through the trouble of bottom-posting and
snipping.

~Matt