PDF files : printing protected !

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu May 5 18:46:35 UTC 2005

> why not post him an Ubuntu Live CD for him to use himself???

He he, yes, I wish I could ! ;o)
Sadly, this is 1,000% out of the question. He is a really not into
computers, doesn't even have one. All he has is his ancient work laptop
which he brings home with him at the week-end. I very much doubt his
employer would be very happy if I messed with the machine in any way or
shape !!!
Plus, even if the IT guy in his company (assuming there is one, I don't
even know) was by some magic aware of Linux and would let me put Ubuntu
on the machine, my friend alone, would still be a bottle-neck in the
"Ubuntu-ization" of the machine, as he is sooooo unconfident with
computers.
Ultimately, in the grand scheme of things, I am not worried. It won't
take much time before each and every company in France, no matter how
small or big, will naturally come to Linux, simply based on cost,
because now that they have fired as many employees as was possible, and
lowered salaries for the few remaining employees, and are counting the
beans, the IT department is now pretty much the only thing left where
they can save some money and increase their margin.

--
Vince