Hard Drive Check Forced

Jim Pelton j.pelton at utah.edu
Thu May 5 16:43:35 UTC 2005

Thomas Kaiser wrote:

> >  When I booted, I was forced to do a full check
>
>> of the hard-drive.  I don't know why.  I saw a boot message that said
>> this volume has been mounted 30 times, check forced....or something to
>> that affect.
>

> What filesystem do you use?
>
> Regards, Thomas

Andy,

I believe that after you have booted a set number of times, you are
forced to do a file system check...just in case, not because there are
problems.  In my opinion, it's not a bad idea, considering I just had to
install a new drive do to horrible corruption problems (I didn't have
the time to deal with fixing the corrupted drive). Are you using ext3?

--Jim