With DHCP, where does one find their IP, nameserver and gateway addresses?

Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) y.lesaint at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:46:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 01:25 -0400, Rick Berger wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 00:55 -0400, Michael R Head wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 00:51 -0400, Rick Berger wrote:
> > > I want to try doing re-install of a broken Debian box faking a static
> > > connection with the DHCP addresses from my Ubuntu box, but I can't find
> > > them.
> >
> > Wow. Sounds a little complicated. Why not use dhcp on the debian box
> > during the install?
> I would like to but it just doesn't work.

  And well it should.

  I think you'd better fix your dhcp problem than try some dead-end
solutions. Check your logs, both on the server and the client, these
will help you.

  Anyway, you can see dhcpd leases in either /var/log/syslog
or /var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd.leases.

--
Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) <y.lesaint at gmail.com>